Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thumbtack Decor Balls

Do you Pinterest?  I am completely obsessed.  I think it is the best way to keep inspiration inspiration, you know what I mean?  A while ago I found these great thumbtack decor balls on a site, Landee See Landee Do, and I fell in love.  Now guess what... Kelli see Kelli do.  

She said that she used 100-150 thumbtacks per ball.  Well, she must have gotten a lot smaller balls than I did.  Mine took 300+ so this thrifty project turned out to be not so thrifty.  

To do it you start with the foam balls you can get at a craft store (unless you can think of something else -- tennis balls don't work, maybe try plastic Christmas ornaments or duct tape).  Then you push a tack in and keep going until the entire ball is covered.  


 To finish, I Mod Podged then entire ball.

I bought green spray paint to finish it but for now I'm leaving it silver.  It's peacefully resting on a candle holder on the wall in the craft nook, which I will fully reveal on Friday.


Linking up at the great Linky parties found at the bottom of the blog.  They are where I find most of my inspiration!  Check them out!

plus

10 comments:

  1. 300 thumbtacks? Oh my thats a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How are your thumbs? lol! I love Pinterest. What a clever idea and I love your version! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure you enjoyed your weekend with unique ideas. Your shared idea will helps me lot to make a greet and superb weekend. with your idea I make one in rainbow colour.
    printed ice scrapers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many fun ideas here.:) I really like your site. The piano, the refinishing of furniture...I'm a new follower from the craft for fun link party.
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great craft idea. I'm visiting from Inspiration Friday. I hope you take a visit at my blog if you have time.

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up another great idea. (I finally joined pininterest this morning)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the silver! That is a lot of thumb tacks but the outcome is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I hadn't thought of that! Cute! Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great way to get texture! Great idea! Thanks for sharing it on {Re}create Into Something New last week!

    Hope to see again tomorrow for another blog party at my place!

    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...