Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hair Bow Tutorial

My daughter was born in April of 2009 and her birth changed my life in so many ways.  One of the main ones is that I retired from my formal job and became a full-time stay at home mommy, which I love.  However, I'm the kind of person that always has to be doing something.  I can't even watch TV unless I am multitasking in some way.  That's where crafting/DIY entered my life completely (it has always been there in the background).  I started making hair bows for her cute little head until I created a business out of it.  

Now for the shameless plug for my business.  It's one that my friend and I created called How To Make Hair Bows and we teach exactly that with approximately 30 videos and written instructions with pictures.  You can literally make thousands of bows just by knowing 30 basics.  So, if you have daughters, granddaughters, friends with kids, or a business selling crafts, this could save you hundreds of dollars.  The great thing is that access to these instructions only costs $27 and you get 4 bonus e books for free!  That's like a billion dollar value (okay, $148) for free!

If you're not ready for all this crafty information, just start with what is on my blog today.  See that bow below?  Well, today I'm giving away the instructions on how to make it... absolutely free!

But first, for all you bloggers out there, if you want to be an affiliate of How To Make Hair Bows and promote it on your blog (do a post, side bar, whatever) you get a $10 cut of every sale that goes through your site.  That's kind of good.  Just send me an email at kelli nielson @ yahoo.com (no spaces) or leave a comment on this post and I'll get back to you.



Things you need:
• four 8 inch ribbons
• four 6 inch ribbons
• four 4 inch ribbons
• glue gun
• center piece (button, jewel, brad, etc)
• alligator clip

Fold one ribbon in half to find where the middle is.


Form the ribbon similar to a “support our troops”
ribbon but at a 45 degree angle.  Glue to the center.



Do the same with the other side so the ribbon looks
like a figure eight.



Fold all twelve ribbons the same.


Glue two large ribbons together in a plus sign.

Glue the other two large ribbons together.


Glue both sets of large ribbons together so there are
no spaces between pedals.


Do the same with the medium and small ribbons.


Glue the medium ribbon flower onto the large.
Glue the small onto the medium.


Glue the center piece onto the ribbon flower bow.
Glue an alligator clip or barrett to the back.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Remember, if you want to learn more, visit How To Make Hair Bows and click on any of the "get access now" buttons.  You won't regret it (and if you do there's a no questions asked refund policy).

Here are a few more bows that are taught at How To Make Hair Bows.   













11 comments:

  1. You do lovely work! Debbie-New follower from the Wednesday wobble. http://itsreallyonlymyopinion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those bows! I've tried to make bows; they never work out =/ But they're so cute! Maybe when I have a little girl someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is wonderful! I wish I was crafty enough to come up with ideas like this! Will have to try them out for myself!
    I'm a new follower from the Wobble over Wednesday hop, please follow me back :) http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com

    :) Dani @ Pen to Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Wobble Over Wednesday. Your newest follower!
    WWW.elfhousechronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great and I've clicked around the rest of your blog and love all the wonderful crafty ideas. I'm a new follower from Wobble Over Wednesday. Can't wait to read more--especially the turquoise piano post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair bows are just precious!

    Thanks so much for linking to Potpourri Friday. You participation is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make it same way but not attached on hair clip. I attached on my white dress and make it too attractive. You participation is appreciated. Thanks so much for linking to Potpourri Friday. You participation is appreciated.
    printed stickers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this at "Meet Me Monday"! I miss making hairbows for my little girl. She is now 21! I am forwarding this great post to my sister-in-law. She has two little girls that would love these! Love, Me www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muy lindo los lazos. .. felicitaciones

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...