Monday, November 28, 2011

Disney Cruise Pirates Video

I hope everyone had a phenomenal Thanksgiving vacation.  I sure did.  We went to our friends' house and had Thanksgiving dinner and I didn't over eat.  Wooh!  On Friday Tom went to Target at 3:30am because he couldn't sleep so he got everything on our list.  I went to Baby Gap, VS, and Kohl's around 10 and the lines weren't bad.  Then I dropped a car load of stuff off at the thrift store.  It was a good Black Friday.  

You know the part on The Sound of Music where Captain Vontrap's fiance is telling him options she was considering for a wedding present to him and she says she thought of a fountain pen?  I used to think that she meant some sort of fountain for the yard, because why would a pen be a good present.  Especially compared to the trip around the world she suggests after.  I mean, a pen costs like 50 cents, right?  And a trip around the world... well...

Anyway, on Saturday evening Tom asked if I had seen a pen that was on our dresser -- the dresser that I cleaned off when I finished our master bedroom.  Here's how the conversation went:
Me: "A broken one?"
Tom: "Yes."
Me: "Yes.  I threw it away."  (Because why wouldn't I throw away a broken pen?  We have a zillion to replace it... so I thought.)
Tom:  (A look of major "oh crap!" on his face)  "What?!  The pen with the top broken off?  That was a $400 Montblanc pen!"
Me: (Many thoughts running through my mind.  First, "a $400 pen?  Who buys a $400 pen?" or even, "there are pens that cost $400?" and lastly, "Tom has a $400 pen?"  Well, HAD a $400 pen.)  "But it was broken." 
Tom: (Hands covering his face) "The top just needed to be glued."
Me: "I don't even know what to say.  I'm so sorry."  

You see, the garbage truck came earlier that morning and took all of our trash, including a $400 pen.  So what did I do?  I grabbed Morgan and took her for a ride to the landfill.  I just wanted to ask if possibly they didn't dump the truck that picked up our garbage.  I know I can't search the entire landfill, but I could do one garbage truck for $400.  They were closed so I will be back on Monday morning at 8am, hoping that the truck that carried the pen still has it inside.  

And PS, what kind of $400 pen's top breaks off?  I mean seriously.  

The good thing that came from this?  Now I have an idea of what to get Tom for Christmas.  Don't even think I would spend $400 on a pen, but maybe a nice $50 one.  I just have to remember that pens are to businessmen like spray paint is to a DIYer.  Wait, no.  That doesn't work.  Maybe like designer jeans are to high school students.  The nicer they are, the more friends you have.  And business friends mean more money in my pocket.  So I shouldn't think about the 500 bic pens I could buy for that price but that one $50 pen could potentially buy me 50,000,000 bic pens.  Does that make sense?  No?  Well, here's our 1 minute 25 second vacation video that I made for you to see.  It's pretty great, if I do say so myself.




Like this post?  Become a follower for more!

1 comment:

  1. what a cool video!! Looks like a blast! I went to Disney World one year growing up for Thanksgiving and it was the best time! No lines :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...