Friday, February 10, 2012

What is Your Decor Style?

I'm at my mom's house and the internet is a lot slower than mine so the pictures for the project I was going to show you are not uploading fast enough.  I'll save that post for Monday.  But just so you know, it's something I'm super proud of.  And it has something to do with the results of this decorating personality test that I just took at Better Homes and Gardens.

What is your style?  Take it and let me know!  CLICK HERE for the quiz.

My design style is French Country.  No wonder I'm in love with everything French Country.  It all makes sense now.  
Country French (AKA French Country)

zimbio.com
rawsilkandsaffron.wordpress.com
topicden.com

You are drawn to a rustic but refined style that feels comfortable and livable for today's families. Your version of Country French style may be rustic (think glazed pottery and chunky woven baskets) or more refined (think gilded details). Either way, patterned fabrics such as toile, stripes, and fleur-de-lis motifs will help you set the tone. Incorporate details such as stucco walls, wrought-iron accents, and furniture with carved details for an old-world look.

5 comments:

  1. Mine was polished casual, but it really doesn't fit me at all. The only thing on the quiz that was an exact match for my answer was a craftsman being my dream house. I'm more of a shabby chic/eclectic personality. I detest neutral colors everywhere. That's why my kitchen is turquoise and my bedroom is ORANGE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Well, I guess it isn't an exact science. :) Sorry. Turquoise and orange are so fun!

      Delete
  2. I was french country too. What were some of the other choices? I think wanting to go to Paris made me french--I do like that style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So in Layman's Terms, French Country = White? Just sayin' :)

    And mine was (what else?) Traditional. Of course!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, white!!! I try to do other colors for you, Nat, but I'm always sucked back into Heirloom White. Sucked!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...