Monday, March 5, 2012

Dollar Store Decor

Did everyone have a good weekend?  I hope so.  Mine was not bad.  We looked at houses.  They were all new-builds so they were in pristine condition.  I'm not sure what it is with me and new-builds but I just wasn't feeling it.  Maybe it was the whole cookie-cutter issue or maybe I just need a little something to fix up.  Or (and this is a big or), they were all full price and I have an issue paying full price for anything, even when everything is really on sale right now.  Anyway, I have a new March-ie decor idea for you today -- all from the dollar store.  

I bought two candlestick holders and two cylindrical vases.  

I super glued the vase to the candlestick holder.

Voila!

Then I put the moss rocks (also from the dollar store) inside them and put them on my mantle for a green St. Patty's decoration.  The middle vase is from Ross, the end two are just bottles with grass from the dollar store, and the candlestick holders are from Tiffany's (so there's obviously a mixture of qualities with them).

Have a great March!  Today is supposed to be 62 degrees in Boise and I'm taking M to the park.  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Those look so nice, something you would pay alot more for in another store. I love a good dollar store find

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cute idea! I like to get those clear glass candlesticks and glue them to vintage porcelain plates and give them as hostess gifts. Total bargain! As for the house, I agree. We bought a new construction, though not in a tract (rural) and it took a long time to add character to this place. If I had to do it again I'd buy a nice used, lived in house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the faux fresh bloom in a vase idea! Too cute! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...