Monday, December 31, 2012

Work Out: January Week 1

Well I don't get daughter-of-the-year award.  Yesterday was my dad's birthday and I thought it was the 29th so this morning at the gym when I saw that it is the 31st my heart sank because I missed my dad's already unfortunate December 30th birthday.  Sorry dad.  Happy Birthday!

Speaking of the gym, I promised some people that I would post this week's workout.  But first, I have some more pictures of my progress.  These are not the kind of pictures that you see on Facebook that people take of themselves with puckered lips.  I know you know what I mean.  I'm doing it to document my progress.  That's it.  



1 week after baby


6 weeks after baby


So I have gotten some compliments that make me laugh.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any compliment but I get, "you look great for just having a baby."  Haha!  What does that even mean?  You don't look great for a normal person but since you just had a baby...  Just kind of funny to me.  And I know I've got a way to go to be where I want to be.  I'm excited for it!

Here is how I'm going to do it this week.

Monday: Upper Body
Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps                           
Bent Over Barbell Row: 3 sets of 8-12 reps      
Dumbbell Shoulder Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps      
Triceps Dips on Bench: 10-20 Dips                        
Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps                         
Tuesday: Lower Body
Dumbell Squats: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Leg Extension: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Calf Presses: 3 sets of 20 reps
Lying Leg Raises: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Exercise Ball Crunches: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Thursday: Upper Body
Scull Crushers: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Pullups: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Shoulder Presses: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Triceps Pushdowns w/ Cables: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Cable Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 repsDumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Friday: Lower Body
Deadlift: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Leg Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 20 reps
Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Ball Pull-ins for Legs (not sure what this is really called): 3 sets of 12-20
Decline Crunches: 3 sets of 10-15 repsPlanks: 3 sets for 1 minute
Don't forget to do cardio for at least 20-30 minutes/day.  I will increase the amount of cardio time as I lower the amount of weight lifting time.

Follow me on Facebook for more diet and exercise tips and to see my progress (and a little DIY in there too).
linking up @:
I Heart Nap Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...