Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Funny Kids and Laundry Detergent

I'm not really the kind of person who cares about celebrities.  However, when I was in late middle and high school I watched Days of Our Lives every day.  I would record it on VHS and come home from school to see what happened that day.  My mom even grounded me from it for a month once (but I would record it and watch it after she went to bed).  It was pretty much an obsession.  And of all the celebrities there were in the world, I really wanted to meet Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall (John and Marlena).  Like I would daydream about it while I was running.  And it's super embarrassing for me to confess this but I have a point.

A little while ago I told Morgan that we were going to go to Disneyland when it gets warm.  She was over the moon excited.  She talked about the princesses a little at first but she cannot stop talking about Lightning McQueen.  Out of the blue she will make a comment like, "I'm going to do a somersault for Lightning McQueen," or, "I'm going to sing We Are Never Getting Back Together to Lightning McQueen," or, "Lightning McQueen is a car.  He doesn't have pecs or boobies, huh mom?"  Hilariousness!  I know she's daydreaming about meeting Lightning McQueen.  She wakes up and asks if it's warm yet so we can go.

Speaking of kids (yes, complete change of subject coming).  They can get pretty messy and laundry detergent can get pricey.  I found this recipe for homemade laundry detergent at Being Creative.  It's pretty legit -- like it calls for Oxi Clean, the only thing that gets out that yellow baby poop.



I made some.  It's supposed to last at least 6 months and I'm all about that!  So far it has worked well for me so I thought I'd be a gem and share with you.  Go to Being Creative for the recipe.  Oh, and it only costs around $20 for the ingredients.
.  

6 comments:

  1. I use this exact recipe. Usually without the oxyclean and it still works great and lasts forEVER. We're a family of 3 adults (1 19 year old girl which means laundry for 2) and it lasts us 5 or 6 months. It's thrilling to not have to worry about detergent every time you're at the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I had a whole bunch that I got with coupons for awesome deals but now that I'm out, this is the way to go!

      Delete
  2. I have been using homemade liquid laundry soap for about a year now and really like it but I will have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it so far (it's only been a week). I hope you do!

      Delete
  3. Any experience with this soap and sensitive skin? I usually get Tide Free but want to try this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Michelle. I don't have any experience with sensitive skin. I can't answer. :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...