Monday, February 4, 2013

Animal Bums Coat Hook

Oh my gosh.  I love my kids and wouldn't change them (except Morgan's desire to listen to me -- I would change that).  The things that would normally take an hour or two to make now take me all. day. long.  

Here's a project that I have been wanting to do for a while.

I already have this height board.

I wanted a coat hook that matches the height board and I found this cute idea on Martha Stewart.  I changed it to be what I want.  I chose to go with stained wood and white paint because let's be honest, I change decor a lot and this will go with anything.  Here it is.



My day started with a workout (an episode of Revenge on the treadmill because I cannot handle that thing without a distraction).


When I got home I got everyone ready and started this project in the morning.  I had a 1x6 piece of wood cut 3 feet long and stained it Dark Walnut by Minwax.

Next I marked where I wanted the hooks to go.

Then it was time to take Morgan to gymnastics (she's the one climbing the wall all by herself).
Photo: Mo decided to climb the wall all by herself.

We got the mail and she wanted to run home.  I'm so proud of her and glad that something of me rubbed off!

When we got home I got to continue the project.  I used these tigerelephantlion, and zebra templates.  Actually I just pulled them up on my iPad and traced them.  I cut out the tiger and zebra stripes out of masking tape and stuck them on.

Then I got distracted again and ended up patching some leggings.

And getting a girl ready for a date with daddy.

By nighttime I was able to finally paint the project.

Pulled off the tape.

Then I screwed on hooks for the tails and voila!




Linking up at these parties.

Plus Coastal Charm.


25 comments:

  1. Cutest coat hanger ever! Love it. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and clever!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-17_2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the cutest thing i've seen all morning. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this made me smile! So cute! Thank for sharing at Monday funday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are adorable...so adorable. I dislike the treadmill too...ugh. Have a great weekend...xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love these!! My little guy definitely needs some in his room. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stinking cute!! I love it and featured it today on A Creative Princess. Thank you so much for linking up to It's a Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously SO so so cute! Thank you so much for sharing!!! I am pinning to the Inspiration Gallery Pin Board and I am going to have to remember to do this for my nursery! :)
    Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so stinkin' cute, Kelli! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cuteness, I love these! Ha! My kids would be totally excited to hang up those towels. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hun. Just wanted to let you know that I featured this on my blog today. I would love it if you could check it out :)

    http://mammymade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/mint-stuff-ive-seen-31.html

    - Adele @ Mammy Made

    ReplyDelete
  12. its so cute...., i love it. Must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love! So sweet and so creative... I pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog today! Come stop by and grab a featured button :) http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2013/02/your-whims-wednesday-98-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so cute! I think my littlest boy would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is adorable, I like yours better than Martha's.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That coat hook is SOOOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been pinning hook ideas for my son for a while now and I think this is the one I will finally make! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted a coat hook that matches the height board and I found this cute idea on Martha Stewart. I changed it to be what I want. I chose to go ... coatrackhooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...